Monday, August 24, 2015

How to set up a Google account and why it's a good idea

If you have a Gmail account, you already have a Google account but many of you might not be using Google features that might serve useful in building your on-line presence. A few of these I use are:

  • Google Apps that syncs my domain name with my Google email, calendar, and contacts. Seemless synchronization between my smartphone, desktop and the "cloud" so I can access anywhere
  • YouTube to post video introductions, how to guides, and more. (example below!)
  • Blogger to post blogs about tips, what's new, testimonials, FAQ's and more. 
  • Picasaweb and Photos to upload photos to my account directly from my phone or desktop. Widget let me share updated images directly on my website (example bbrn.biz
  • Google Drive and Docs to share files with my team and clients. 
  • goo.gl shortens your URL for a simpler QR code and tracks how often it is scanned
  • Google Analytics give you traffic stats for your website 
  • Google Keywords tells what keyword traffic is
Here's a short video on how to set it up and some examples of the above reasons. 


No comments:

Post a Comment