So how do you increase the size of your "digital footprint" to improve your chances of being seen? Here are just a few suggestions:
- PLEASE-PLEASE claim your "Google My Business" account. Since Google still commands the majority of searches, claiming and updating the information about your business is imperative to maximizing your exposure on this platform.
- Expand your listings on other search engines and directories. There are dozens of places where you can list you information to increase the likelihood that searches will display your information. Besides Google, there is Bing, Yahoo, and social media platforms to consider.
- Correct the misinformation about your business. Some of these search engines and directories have garnered your information and posted what it found. Unfortunately, often this information may be incorrect if you move, change a phone number, or even may be incorrect from the start. Also, anyone can "suggest" a change which means your business can get shanghaied by your competition!
To accomplish all this can take hours and hours to login, claim and update all the information.
- Your NAP (Name, Address and Phone number)
- Business descriptions of your products and/or services
- Your business categories
- Your business hours
- Menus for restaurants
- Special events
- Photos & videos
- Staff bios
- and SO MUCH MORE
CLICK to request a FREE Digital Report on how your business is listed and to get more information about our services.
PS - Stay turned for our next post on how voice-controlled virtual assistants like Siri and Cortana should affect your strategy of achieving digital visibility.