However there are many personal benefits as well. Let's examine how:
- It can be a part of our journaling process. Documenting our thoughts, opinions and perspectives is one way we can leave a "paper trail" of our journey through life to understand where we were back "when" and gauge where we are going.
- It can be part of your personal brand. We all have a totally unique perspective and therefore our "voice" is unique, valuable, and rare. Keeping that voice hidden is like keeping our light under that bushel basket. Plus that voice (and light) will surely outlast us as long as the Internet lasts.
- It helps keep us accountable. The more people that know about our goals and ambitions, the more likely we are to do what it takes to achieve it.
Did you see the 2009 movie "Julie & Julie"? According to Wikipedia: "The film contrasts the life of chef Julia Child in the early years of her culinary career with the life of young New Yorker Julie Powell, who aspires to cook all 524 recipes in Child's cookbook in 365 days, a challenge she described on her blog that made her a published author" and was the source of the screenplay for the movie. It was nominated for and won dozens of awards. I enjoyed it because it describes the journey we are capable of if we make a decision.
Here are some decisions for you to consider:
- Watch (or re-watch) "Julie & Julie"
- Write something that you think might be of value or interest to yourself and/or others
- Post it
- Share it to your family & friends in Facebook or other social platforms
- Schedule a time and repeat
- See what happens (you might want to write about THAT sometime!)
- Enjoy the experience... it is as UNIQUE as you are!
*Check out blogging benefits for your business: